Friday, May 8, 2009

The 'Curse of Knowledge'

As I have found the term used to describe the act of retrenching old employees, then hiring new ones, which is 'blood transfusion', I also did find the term used to describe one phenomenon, which, for a very, very long time, I have been trying to find out what it is called.

Since my elementary days, having had the experience of such phenomenon, I was baffled. Simply, it is the dilemma of (1) not knowing something, like when you are postulating, or making a hypothesis, or when you are solving a math problem... anything, that when at first you don't know it, then comes a time that you find out how, (2) then you know it already, and then, (3) you don't know anymore how you did not know it then. That is the 'curse of knowledge'.

Well, I was reading a book about web site optimization, "Always Be Testing", and then they outright discussed that phenomenon. And the example given was very, very good, in relation to the context of what they are currently discussing in the book.

I will present the full text of that discussion in my other blog, My Computer Quest, as I deem that while it has value on the leadership side, it is more appropriate to be posted in my computer-associated blog.

Till then.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment