002 Top PupilsImage by goh-wz.livejournal.com via Flickr28-Nov-2011


Last week, specifically 24th November, the results for PSLE was out. The many feelings and emotions. Mixed. Varied. Elation. Depression. Name it, and you have it (or others have it).

One student was very brave and forward-looking, the kind of spirit that can survive crises. Although the result indicated failure, the child did not - and was looking forward to making good the next time around.

And many posted their numbers and categories at Facebook.

And their arrogance!

Well, I was keeping my quiet, and my wife and I, we were discussing how some achieved, and some others simply failed.

A remark said on one’s result: “Mana!” (Genetics!)

It was proven come Sunday school class. Whatever triggered the discussion, each one who took the PSLE told of their score in class. And surprisingly (or should I say NOT surprisingly), one boy said out loud, “I got 2xx and the highest in my class is 2xx!”

The figure is the same, so you know what the boy was telling.

Everybody was quiet, until another boy said, “Don’t boast lah!”

And everyone in the class LOL!


Later at home evening time, my daughter told about that incident, and we were all laughing. I was telling her, you should have answered back, “That score is the lowest in our school!”. Okay, okay, that is just an exaggeration, but it is a way to slap the arrogant person, figuratively…

My wife relayed that incident later on to another church mate, and the reply was, “The father is known for that same mark – arrogance.”

So the remark is correct: “Mana talaga!” (Really genetics!).

And these are the kind of leaders we elect… I’m just glad that I had no participation whatsoever in the election…

May God forgive me for being arrogant myself… sometimes… I mean, you don’t have to be the one telling how great you are – wait for others to do that, especially the Lord.


Ps 75:5: God is the judge. He decides who will be important. He lifts one person up and brings another down.

Jer 9:24: but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD."
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment